Develop and lead multi-session events.
This course shows how to collaborate with a client, co-discover their big challenges, co-manage a robust facilitation intervention, contract with the client and evaluate the results. Packed with tools, templates and sophisticated assessment methods Facilitating Client Collaboration will prepare you to launch your facilitation practice. Covers 3 of the 6 IAF Competencies needed for IAF certification.
This self-paced, self-directed course contains all the theory of the in-person and the online Advanced ToP Tools course.
The manual is downloadable in this self-directed course.
Theory is expanded through readings and videos of classroom lectures and interaction during in-person courses. These videos remain available for a year.
Most tools have templates used to prepare for real client work. The templates carry key theory within them.
There are videos of instructors explaining the use of the tools and methods. These videos remain available for a year.
Stages, steps and procedures of each tool or method are explained in detail.
This self directed course includes examples of products from actual clients as pictures, PDFs or powerpoints, so you know what can be achieved. These are downloadable.
The course includes assignments that help build confidence in your use of the tools and methods. Assignment can be done by yourself, or with a group you convene on your own for enhanced learning.
Your assignments can be uploaded to receive comments from ICA instructors or facilitators. You can contact them for further explanation.
Facilitators must eventually be able to lead long term interventions for their clients. This could include consultations, planning, conferences and change initiatives.
You will learn how to assess, design and manage these interventions by creating them collaboratively with a client or client team. In this course, you will learn the practical approaches and skills to tackle work from assessment to contracting to evaluation.
The course covers 3 of the 6 Competencies assessed to become a Certified Professional Facilitator: Create Collaborative Relationships, Build and Maintain Professional Knowledge, Model Positive Professional Attitude.
Facilitating Client Collaboration is for any facilitator or consultant who must engage their client in thinking through complex interventions.
This course will build confidence with skills and approaches for working with a client to manage multi-sessions events effectively.
Learn how to propose a full scale facilitated solution to a client need.
Create collaborative client relationships
- Develop working partnerships
- Manage multi-session events effectively
Evoke group creativity
- Assess the organizational environment and client needs.
- Determine client challenges and solutions.
- Use innovation approaches that fit the abilities of the group.
Best practices for working together
- Develop consensus on tasks, deliverables and roles
- Model professional boundaries
- Templates from contracting to evaluation
Facilitating Client Collaboration uses real case studies from master practitioners to prepare you for your facilitation profession.
Price is CAD$1,345 plus applicable tax.
- Ethics, values and the power of facilitation
- Conversations and rapport with clients
- Assessments and ToP participatory client assessment
- Co-discovering client challenges
- Creativity and creative facilitation approaches
- Managing events and milestone mapping
- Contracting with a client
- Participatory evaluation
- Client communication
- Facilitators and consultants who want to work with a client to develop complex or long term interventions
- Managers, supervisors and staff who must enhance a group's potential to create generate solutions to long term situations.
- Leaders who must design participatory processes with groups.
This course demonstrates competencies that are needed by IAF as a Certified Professional Facilitator, and by ICA as a Certified ToP Facilitator.
Learn important methods for all forms of planning:
- Client calls and conversations
- Participatory client assessment - helping clients understand long range needs from a comprehensive screen.
- Social Process tool – uncover client challenges and imbalances in their work
- Templates – co-management, contracting, evaluation.
Each session includes:
- Demonstration of participatory processes.
- Exploration of how the process can be applied.
- Examples from real experience that reveal practices that lead to success.
- Variations for different situations.